Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Papa (Ron)


Today is my wonderful FIL's birthday. We got together last night to celebrate and give him his gift (of course I forgot to get a picture of that) and card. Sorry about the picture of the card, we were leaving and I had to take it quickly.

I just kind of started playing with this card, not sure what the finished product would be, I am still not sure I love how it turned out, but I do like it! I used the top of a cupcake box that I got from my BBB Pam (might have to take a picture of it so you understand what I am talking about) and used 4 different inks with a sponge for the middle. I then stamped the cake image and added the green paper along the bottom which I stamped Happy Birthday on. I have a lot of these felt stars which are not too feminine so I used those to finish off the card. I was trying to channel in Kazan's sketch for this week, but don't think I got close enough to make it count. Oh well, it worked for the occasion and I know he loved it!

There are still a few days left to enter for some blog candy, the pile of stuff is starting to get bigger :)

Hope you had a great day and I will leave you with some pics of my girls in a mashed potato eating contest from last night.....

2 comments:

Pamela Smerker said...

Very cute card and a great tip to use the cupcake box lid for a stencil. I would but I already put my box together for my post tomorrow. TFS

Ginger said...

I like the card, where did you go to have a mash potato eating contest? Cute!!